Wednesday, November 18, 2009
The Top 10: Working from Home
Working from home is not always ideal. I don't have a proper office. My desk is in my bedroom. It's over crowded, and feng shui proponents would be wary. Yet, most of the time, it works just fine, like this afternoon. At about 2:30 i was feeling mighty sleepy and rather than fight the feeling, I honored it. I crawled under the covers, read for about 3 minutes, and then drifted away into power nap semi-oblivious bliss.
Here are my top 10 reasons why I like working from home:
1. The coffee is consistent and fresh.
2. The dress code is barefoot and braless
3. Don't have to share fridge.
4. Ditto for bathroom.
5. Don't have to pretend that I am very deep in thought when I am really sleeping.
6. Reoccurring fantasies about UPS guy could actually come true.
7. I can multi-task -- make business call while scrubbing shower or making soup
8. Flexibility in scheduling appointments with Comcast, exterminator, etc.
9. Saved gas money goes toward computer printer ink fund
10.When I am not in the mood to work, I can clean closets and still get that feeling of accomplishment.