Monday, January 16, 2012

10 Lingering Thoughts about The Atlanta Gift Show


EYE-CONIC: "See it All" was the 2012's Winter Gift Show's theme.
Just back from the Atlanta Gift Show, here are 10 lingering thoughts...
 
1. THE SEMINARS ROCKED

I went to hear interior designers Nathan Turner and the delightfully sassy Mary McDonald talk about elements of style and I also attended a seminar led by a stylish panel of astute social media-ites including: (above, front to back) DwellStudio's Christiane Lemieux, Habitually Chic's Heather Clawson, and Apartment Therapy's Maxwell Gillingham-Ryan. Maxwell said that titles such as "Top 5" and "Best of" work great with blogs -- hence!!! That's my friend Nick Bewsey from Blue Raccoon on the right.


2. "NO SMOKING" SIGNS ARE PURELY DECORATIVE
From the smoky smell of the stairwells, I gather that smokers either do not read signs or that the frustrating elevator situation leaves them no choice.
3. MY VOTE FOR BEST-IN-SHOW FOOD
I was most impressed by Go Home's giant wheel of Parmesan rolled out at the lunch hour. I didn't think I could manage a glass of red at 1:30, but I could!



4. PEOPLE-WATCHING/MEETING IS AS FUN AS PRODUCT SCOUTING
Spotting fashion, good and not so much has become my favorite Gift Show pasttime. I loved this scarf/sweater combo worn by Laura at Lacefield Designs.
5. LOVE THE FREE TOTE BAGS
These happy sacks, acquired at the gift show, will make me the Eco-Belle of Publix.
6. GRATEFUL FOR COMPLIMENTARY CAPPUCCINO IN HIGH DESIGN
(sketch provided)


7. TECHNICAL CHALLENGES PREVENT CONNECTING
I guess AmericasMart is just a super solid building cause it seemed that my efforts to tweet were thwarted often.
8. 1 IN 5 WOMEN CARRIES VERA BRADLEY
I made up that statistic because Vera Bradley bags seem to be everywhere.  I almost said "1 in 4."
9. ORANGE!!!
It's nice to feel relevant. Orange, deep turquoise, and green pear were the prevalent pops. (BSC upholstery and Oomph tables featured from J Douglas)
10. I AM STILL CONTEMPLATING A TATTOO
Beautiful, perfectly placed, and quite inspiring: new tats on Deanne from Design Legacy.

I

1 comment:

Burdie said...

Thanks for letting me live vicariously through you! You have such an eye for color and design aesthetic that you have become my fantasy home decor shopping partner :).

I'm also loving the orange/acqua trend. We've used those colors as accents in our living room and the girls' play area. However, red and peacock still reign supreme in the kitchen!