Wednesday, December 12, 2012

iPhone Battery Life: Some tips

I thought I would pass on some information that I recently gathered via 3 phone calls to AppleCare. I was having serious quick battery draining issues on my phone as in it was fully charged at 2 a.m. and was totally drained by 6:30 a.m. with no apps running but the basics. An in-store appointment at the Genius Bar did not help. It took 3 calls to Apple Care to finally find the problem.

If you are having quick battery draining issues, and don't have AppleCare, here are some things to do. Start by going into your settings. From there:

1. Under NOTIFICATIONS: set to "Manually"; limit # of things IN NOTIFICATION CENTER, I only have "phone, messages, and calendar" in there now. All my other apps are NOT IN NOTIFICATION CENTER.

2. Turn off BLUETOOTH whenever you are not using one, otherwise battery is always looking for it.

3. Under PRIVACY > LOCATION SERVICES, limit what you have running. I am only running Maps and Weather apps with that. I don't necessarily want FB and Twitter to keep tabs on me.

In addition to futzing with my settings, I also restored my phone via iTunes. But this did not seem to help it as much as changing the settings did.

No comments: