Sunday, October 25, 2009

Checked Baggage 2


I wrote a letter to Delta expressing my dissatisfaction with the checked baggage system (see "Checked Baggage" post). I decided to sign it "Dr. Dagmi." I don't think it had impact on the response, but it was kind of interesting to borrow a different identity, and kind of scary to do it so easily. Stan the Man read the good doctor's plea, and sent me back this note...........

Dear Dr. Dagmi,

Thank you for sharing your concerns regarding the service provided while
traveling with us on October 10, 2009. On behalf of Delta Air Lines, I
sincerely apologize for your disappointment with our checked baggage
fees.

Your feedback is important to us and we appreciate the time you took to
write. Be assured I will be sharing your comments with our Corporate
Marketing leadership team.

Since the fee charged for your bag was correct, a refund would not be
due. Prior to your next trip, we invite you to visit the web site of
your operating carrier for the most up-to-date information on checked
baggage fees.

As a gesture of goodwill, I have issued an Electronic Transportation
Credit (eTCV) in the amount of $25.00.

Dr. Dagmi, I hope I have been able to resolve your concerns. As a
valued customer, your business is important to us and given the
opportunity of serving you in the future, I am confident Delta will not
only meet but exceed your expectations.

Sincerely,

Stan M. Pereira
Coordinator
Customer Care


I am still wondering how many of the airlines are going to manage this problem. I flew Jet Blue two weeks ago, and they managed it very well. They didn't charge for checking bags.

No comments: