David Parise's fab photo of Barbie and her playmates tanning rather irresponsibly on South Beach.
To celebrate Marc's lovely gesture and my new awesome photo, I shall share some random sunscreen info, garnered from NPR, that I scribbled down at red lights on my drive home from Miami.
1. There is no such thing as waterproof sunscreen. Instead, look for "water-resistant" sunscreen.
2. Sunscreen needs to be applied liberally and reapplied every two hours.
3. the vote's not in on the effectiveness of spray-on sunscreens vs. lotions - and there are unknowns as well about the potential hazard of inhalation from sprays
4. people of color are more naturally protected from harmful rays but they should still wear sunscreen.
5. 50 SPF is the max anyone needs.
MARC CORBIN INC.
875 NE 125TH STR.
N. MIAMI, FL 33161